New research from NUI Galway is using adult stem cells in the fight against cornea transplant rejection. The research has been published in the American Journal of Transplantation, and underpins a pan-European project which hopes to help the 100,000 people worldwide who undergo cornea transplant procedures each year.
VISICORT recently featured in the NUI Galway Magazine ‘Research Matters’ in an article titled ‘VISICORT – NUI Galway to Lead New 6 Million EU Project Tackling Corneal Transplanatation Failure.’
Welcome to the VISICORT Project. We are very excited to be launching the project in April 2014.
Please follow us on facebook or twitter for more updates.
- VISICORT coordinator Prof. Matt Griffin visits leading US medical centre Mayo Clinic to discuss EU-funded mesenchymal stromal cell projectsOctober 29, 2019 - 11:46 am
- VISICORT PIs chair sessions at EVER 2019 in NiceOctober 21, 2019 - 8:40 am
- VISICORT’s Dr Siobhan Gaughan, NUI Galway judges schools’ science initiativeOctober 2, 2019 - 9:07 am
- VISICORT clinical trial listed on Charité’s BeCAT websiteSeptember 30, 2019 - 8:24 am
- VISICORT publication in the Official Journal of the Transplantation SocietySeptember 6, 2019 - 11:34 am
- VISICORT PI Ritter, NUI Galway joins Therapeutics Delivery COST ActionAugust 26, 2019 - 7:06 am
- VISICORT PIs present at Societas Ophthalmologica EuropæaJune 24, 2019 - 8:20 am
- International Clinical Trials Day 2019, GalwayJune 10, 2019 - 10:38 am
- Interview: Lisa Imrie, U of Edinburgh uses the VISICORT BiobankMay 31, 2019 - 7:58 am
- New VISICORT publication from NUI Galway teamMay 21, 2019 - 11:11 am
- Prof Ritter presents at ARVO 2019, CanadaMay 13, 2019 - 9:06 am
- PI Conor Murphy presents VISICORT at Royal Victoria Eye and Ear HospitalMay 1, 2019 - 1:25 pm
- VISICORT presentation in Berlin aims to recruit potential patients to the clinical trialApril 29, 2019 - 8:22 am
- VISICORT PI Nico Degauque, INSERM presents at Swedish Registry for Corneal TransplantApril 26, 2019 - 9:52 am
- Two VISICORT PIs involved in new COST ActionApril 11, 2019 - 2:47 pm
- Partners at CCMI offer training workshopsMarch 26, 2019 - 12:27 pm
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 602470. The material presented and views expressed here are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.