VISICORT partners met October 11 and 12, 2018 in Berlin to provide research updates and share future plans for the next six months of the project. After opening remarks by host Prof Uwe Pleyer of Charité and Andreas Hüser of CRO, Mark Sweetnam of Pintail Limited reminded partners of upcoming and remaining reporting obligations and deadlines. Coordinator Prof Matt Griffin of NUI Galway presented an update on the clinical trial planning, cell manufacturing process, regulatory submission and ethics and safety of MSC therapies. BioStór‘s Niall Walsh and Peadar MacGabhann raised important future considerations for the use of the VISICORT biobank and exploitation of these resources. Henrik Sejersen of Aarhus University Hospital reported upon the human subject enrolment, follow-up and clinical outcomes. A second clinical site tour will ensue to aid with data collection on all patients. Nico Degauque of the Center for Research in Transplantation and Immunology at INSERM presented an update on the multi-platform immune response profiles of human corneal transplantation. A new tool flow cytometry analysis tool CYBERSORT will be used in tandem with classical methods. Khadar Dudekula of SynthSys discussed her current targetted proteomics results and progress on the selection of protein biomarker candidates from the Fíos analyses. In addition, SynthSys PhD candidate Lisa Imrie presented her research project ideas for input from the VISICORT consortium and the potential exploitation of the VISICORT biobank. Fíos‘ Max Bylesjo shared recent advances in the integrated analysis of the proteomic and transcriptomic datasets. Pintail‘s Danielle Nicholson led a discussion on dissemination and potential amendments to the website and educational materials for patients. A tour of the Charité Research Organization ensued on the first day, and the meeting closed with a roundtable discussion to drive the project to completion. All aspects of the project requiring a follow up were addressed.
- New VISICORT publication in Kidney360 journalJanuary 28, 2021 - 11:47 am
- Trio of VISICORT PIs will present at 2021 CDx Biomarkers and Biobanking BioTec Pharma SummitJanuary 15, 2021 - 10:29 am
- VISICORT consortium meets on November 27, 2020December 10, 2020 - 12:31 pm
- Corneal Transplant Follow-up Study II (CTFS II) – Does tissue matching reduce the risk of rejection in corneal transplants?December 7, 2020 - 3:11 pm
- VISICORT receives a 6-month extensionNovember 6, 2020 - 5:06 pm
- Exploitation news: A collaboration with Epimune GmbH beginsAugust 18, 2020 - 11:13 am
- 2020 COP&S conference coordinated by VISICORT PI Dr Bertrand Fabres slated for November 12 & 13thAugust 17, 2020 - 3:36 pm
- VISICORT presented at Ophthalmology changing event, BerlinAugust 17, 2020 - 1:37 pm
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 602470. The material presented and views expressed here are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.